What is Union University of California’s online format?

UUC uses an asynchronous method of online course delivery. Therefore, students from anywhere in the world can access and participate in the classroom at any time. In contrast to synchronous course delivery method, in which teachers and students have to participate in the class at the same time, the students and teachers in a synchronous classroom participate in the class anytime and not necessary at the same time during the assigned period. The asynchronous method has been proven effective and convenient to students and teachers living in different parts of the world, who work and rest at a different time but still can participate in the same classroom.

How do online classes work?

View Moodle orientation and tutorials.

What are the technology requirements?

Since Union University of California offers 100% online, self-paced programs, you will need to have the appropriate hardware and software technology in order to fully participate. See technology requirements and recommendations: https://uuc.edu/technology-requirements/

How fast can I complete my degree?

Degree completion time greatly depends on the chosen program and the amount of transfer credit you may have. For undergraduate programs, the more credits you transfer in, the faster you’ll complete your degree. You may be able to earn credits from professional training, through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or by utilizing credit from previous college courses you have taken. For graduate and master’s programs, it depends on the program and the amount of time you have available to spend on your classes. Most undergraduate and graduate programs have a certain number of courses that must be completed in order to graduate.

What happens if I move to a new location?

Online learning does not make a difference where you are located while completing your degree program. UUC’s classes can be continued from anywhere in the world as long as you have access to the internet and a computer that meets UUC’s technology requirements.

When and how often do I have to be online for class?

When and how long you login during the week is completely up to you. UUC offers you the flexibility to complete assignments at your own pace, at a time convenient to you within each week. Courses are constructed so as there are no required login times during the week. As long as you meet the deadlines specified by the professor for turning in assignments, you can complete your assignment at any time of the day or night. This level of flexibility allows you to fit school into your busy schedule, rather than attempting to fit your schedule around school, while at the same time providing enough structure to keep you on track to ensure successful completion.

What is the cost of attendance at Union University of California?

View current tuition and fees.

How do I apply for admission?

Click here to access Online Application Form.

Which degree programs are offered online?

View a complete listing of online degree programs and courses.

Is financial aid available?

Yes, there are a number of ways to finance your education. View UUC’s financial aid process.

Does Union University of California accept transfer credit?

Yes, UUC accepts transfer credits from regionally and nationally accredited institutions of higher learning. Visit our Transferring Credit page to learn more. Be sure to send in all your official transcripts so that UUC may evaluate all potential credit and award you the maximum amount possible.

How long has Union University of California been in existence?

Union University of California was established in the State of California in 1986 as a non-profit corporation and fully approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary & Vocational Education (BPPVE) of the State of California to grant academic degrees in accordance to the California Education Code Section 94310. Thousands of students have been enrolled and many graduates have served in leadership positions at various ministries around the world.

What is the quality of Union University of California faculty?

To ensure the value of your education, all of our faculty members have either master’s or doctorate degrees. In addition, many faculty members hold high-level positions within the fields they teach. UUC is devoted to ensuring the academic integrity of your classes and the educational foundation of the professors instructing them.

Will my diploma say "Online"?

No. All of our diplomas state “Union University of California” with no inference to online degree programs.

Do you accept International students?

Yes. Union University of California has students studying from countries all around the globe. Through our convenient online program, students are able to successfully complete their online programs without residency requirements.

How do I get started?

Apply online now! If you have any further questions, please speak with a new enrollment specialist immediately by calling (714) 903-2762.

How do I get my books and course materials?

Visit our Textbooks & Software page to learn about purchasing books and materials through MBS Direct, our online bookstore.

What type of computer do I need?

View computer requirements and recommendations .

What should I do if I have a technical problem with my computer?

Our online classroom experience is extremely user friendly. However, should you have any questions or experience any difficulties, we offer online technical support as well as over the phone assistance by calling (714) 903-2762.

My password doesn't work, what do I do?

If your password does not work when you try to login to Student Page or classes in Moodle, click on Help Me Login and enter your email that you provide to UUC then follow the instruction. If you still cannot login, you may call the HelpDesk at (714) 903-2762 for technical assistance.

What is Student Page?

Student Page is an online tool that allows UUC’s students to update personal information, view study plan, make payments, check student accounts, check grades, and review transfer credit.

What is Moodle?

Moodle is the online learning platform that Union University of California uses to offer online courses. Moodle serves a variety of purposes, allowing professors to make announcements, post assignments, and interact with students. Students will use Moodle to submit coursework, complete online tests, and interact with their classmates.

How do I submit my coursework on Moodle?

Your class syllabi/professor will provide you with more details as to where to submit your course assignments.

My Moodle exam timed out, who do I contact?

You must contact your assigned course manager/ instructor to reset your test.

When will my courses show up on Moodle?

Courses should be available the week before your start date (week zero).

How do I check my grades?

Final grades can be found by logging into the Student Page. Once logged in, you can access your grades by class or view your full transcript.

What is a “graduate certificate”?

As in most universities, after completion of a bachelor’s degree, leaders choose to learn more by selecting and completing a set of courses that leads to a “Graduate Certificate”.

What’s the difference between a “Graduate Certificate” and a Master’s Degree?

The basic differences are length of time, price and level of learning. The program for a graduate certificate is 18 credit hours vs. 42 for an MA and 84 for the MDiv. Since the cost of the programs is calculated per credit hour, the price of completion is relative to the number of credit hours.

Why take classes to earn a “Graduate Certificate”?

Each certificate program offers Master’s level specialization for a specific sphere of Christian ministry.

What ministry specialties are currently offered in the UUC programs for Graduate Certificates?

In the future, we plan to offer 6 programs. For 2017, UUC will offer these two: the Certificates in Christian Education and in Spirituality. [put links to the courses for each of these]

What is the admission process?

Admission requirements for the UUC Graduate Certificate programs are the same of those of the two Master’s level graduate degree programs